Man of today is a super hero who is not weighed down by the unnecessary luggage of personal or collective memory, but fearlessly goes on, all alone and innocent, armed with an enormous and unexplored ego.
Super hero realizes his existence strictly during action. Frenetic rhythm and loads of information overload short term memory tanks, which change continuously without leaving any mnemonic traces. In the absence of long term memory, his life is a pool of scattered impressions, he has no sense of himself, no sense of past or future.
The visual artist today is a super hero himself, crushed by the overload of images, the weight of painting’s history, the conventions of figuration and the orthodoxy of modernism while the world of images constantly changes.
Art is an act of self exposure and painting becomes a filter of mass media’s impact on both individual and collective sense of identity so the artist can redefine “personal” in an impersonal world.
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- GEOphilosophy, Alsos N.Smyrnis, Athens 20202
- fleVes eco project @ Platforms Project 2019
- tidal flow RElocated, Cyclades Art Gallery, Syros, 2017
- tidal tlow REvisited, Municipal Art Gallery of Piraeus, May 2017
- tidal flow, moving contemporary art exhibition, September 2016
- Art Beats II, Onassis Scholars’ Association, 2008
- Florence Biennale, 2007
- dkd, Headquarters of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, April 2005
- medi@terra 01, _De-Globalizing / Re-Globalizing, micro museum,
Open Art, Hillside Press, Frankfurt Book Fair, October 2001/Art Athina, November 2001
- Athens School of Fine Arts Graduates, National Gallery of Greece,1993
Selected Solo Exhibitions:
- Mneme, π. 37 art gallery, 6 April 2006-6 May 2006
- Time Loss, Titanium Yiayiannos Gallery, 27 February-17 March 2002
- Onassis Foundation Scholarship 1989 – 1992.
- Erasmus scholarship from the State Scholarship Foundation in 1991, to attend a cycle of BA Hons Fine Art at Middlesex Polytechnic of London
Between 2006 and 2014, she worked as video editor of art and dance videos, on web projects and administration and on documentary research.
Studied Fine Arts at the Athens School of Fine Arts. I graduated in 1993.
Studied Medicine for two years and then stopped medical studies to study Art.
Born at Patras, Greece. I finished Arsakeio Patras School and moved to Italy to study Medicine at Pavia University.